Board of Adjustments Meeting 5/27
to discuss Ixonia LNG projects compliance with the county agricultural preservation plan. Please note, if the board votes in our favor a Conditional Use Permit will not be granted, and the development will be stopped!!!
JEFFERSON COUNTY ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Dale Weis, Chair; Aari Roberts, Vice-Chair; Janet Sayre Hoeft, Secretary SUBJECT: Jefferson County Board of Adjustment Meeting
DATE: May 27, 2021 TIME: 10:00 a.m.
PLACE: County Board Room, Room 205 – Jefferson County Courthouse – 311 S. Center Ave., Jefferson OR Via Zoom Videoconference
PETITIONERS OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVES MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING AT 10:00 A.M. BY USING THE ZOOM MEETING OPTION DESCRIBED ABOVE OR BY ATTENDING IN PERSON.
Order of Events:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call (Establish a Quorum)
3. Certification of Compliance with Open Meetings Law
4. Approval of the Agenda
6. Public Comment (Not to exceed 15 minutes and not to include petitions slated for decision. Members of the public who wish to address the Committee on specific agenda items must register their request at this time)
7. Explanation of Process by Board of Adjustment Chair or Legal Counsel
8. Public Hearing as Described Below:
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING JEFFERSON COUNTY ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Jefferson County Zoning Board of Adjustment will conduct a public hearing beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 27, 2021 in the County Board Room, Room 205 of the Jefferson County Courthouse. The matter to be heard is the taking of additional evidence and argument in Administrative Appeal AP1679- 21 described below on the topic of the proposed facility’s consistency with the Jefferson County Agricultural Preservation and Land Use Plan and the purposes of the A-1 zoning district, as requested by the Board at its April 20, 2021 meeting.
PETITIONERS, OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVES, SHALL BE PRESENT. AP1679-21 – Tiffany Carey, Jessica and Bill Rupnow and Sandra J. Schaeffer (Represented by Attorney Christa Westerberg of Pines Bach LLP): Appeal of Conditional Use Permit CU2053-20 granted on November 11, 2020 by the Jefferson County Planning and Zoning Committee for the construction and operation of a new Liquified Natural Gas facility and associated pipeline. The property is currently owned by Dale A. and Jeanine A. Griebenow and Griebenow Dairy Farms LLC and is proposed to be purchased by Wisconsin Electric Power Company and Wisconsin Gas LLC. The proposed location is described as PINs 012-0816-1523-000 (40 ac), 012-0816-1522-000 (40 ac), 012-0816-1033-000 (40 ac), 012-0816-1524-000 (20 ac), 012-0816-1521-000 (33 ac) and 012-0816-1034-000 (40 ac) located east of the intersection of Triangle Road and North Road in the Town of Ixonia.
Order of Presentation for Public Hearing, subject to the Chair’s discretion:
A. Jefferson County
B. Wisconsin Gas LLC/We Energies
D. Other Parties in Interest/Members of the Public (total time may be limited by the Chair and comments that are duplicative or beyond the scope of the Board’s request may be excluded)
9. Discussion and Possible Action on AP1679-21 described above Join Zoom Meeting Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIpceGupzgqE9FNohlXps-6xkG90syqKhzp
Meeting ID: 964 6869 3095
10. Adjourn If you have questions regarding this appeal, please contact the Zoning Department at 920-674-7113 or 920- 674-8638. The file referenced on this hearing notice may be viewed at the Jefferson County Courthouse in Room 201 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Materials covering other agenda items can be found at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov. A quorum of any Jefferson County Committee, Board, Commission or other body, including the Jefferson County Board of Supervisors, may be present at this meeting. Individuals requiring special accommodations for attendance at the meeting should contact the County Administrator at 920-674-7101 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made. A digital recording of the meeting will be available in the Zoning Department upon request. Additional information on Zoning can be found at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov